"Pour & Brush ™
Paint Delivery System: U.S.
Patent # U.S. / RE 35,933 and Canadian
Patent # 2,176,545
The Pour & Brush ™ is
a revolutionary system for the delivery and application of all liquids with a
PURPOSE OF THE POUR & BRUSH
The Pour & Brush ™
represents a direct response to the multitude of problems associated with the
delivery and application of all liquids with a paint brush. As a result of the
current use of the original container, as the primary vehicle for applying
liquids with a paint brush, the Pour & Brush ™
is the solution to problems such as:
- Where can I safely place a wet paint brush when I am not using it?
- How to climb a ladder while holding an open full quart container of paint?
- How can I brush on this paint stripper if the brush does not fit into the
- How much longer can I hold this 4" wide quart of paint?
- Where can I clean this paint brush? ... If I use the sink, I'll just have
to clean that, too.
- Simply place the disposable insert into the outer container.
- Pour any amount of liquid (up to one quart) into the reservoir of
the disposable insert.
- Apply the liquid with a paint brush -- using the brush wiping
surfaces, as a brush holder or a ladder strap -- as needed.
- Use the dripless pouring spout of the insert to return any remaining
liquid back into the original container.
- Replace the used disposable insert with a new one. Add paint
thinner or soap and water to clean the brushes.
NO MORE ...
- Continuously grasping a full quart-size can of paint, with the paint
running down the side of the can, with clogged rims and hard-to-close
- Looking for a safe place to rest a wet paint brush.
- Struggling to climb a ladder with an open full can of paint.
- Frustration with the inability to access liquids in small neck
containers with a paint brush.
- Messy, time-consuming clean-ups of paint brushes and paint cans.
POUR & BRUSH -- ANATOMY OF A TURNKEY INVENTION:
- Patent protection in the United States
- 7 Registered copyrights
- Estimated market potential of 219 million home owners
- Unlimited repeat sales potential of disposable component
- Manufacturing costs of less than $1.00 per unit
- Prototype and illustrations available
- Virtual competitive-free environment ... As the container is now the primary
vehicle for the application of liquids with a paint brush.
AND ... LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE CONSUMER WILL ALSO BENEFIT FROM THE
FOLLOWING 10 ADVANTAGES:
- Portability: Handle or ladder strap enables user to easily hold and
carry the equivalent of a quart size can of paint.
- Accessibility: The Pour & Brush
provides access to liquids in containers which cannot be directly accessed
with a paint brush.
- Versatility: The Pour & Brush
can be suspended from a ladder for above-ground use
- Wet paint brush storage area.
- Provides a method of removing and recapturing excess liquids from the
- Disposable insert insures instant clean-up.
- Reduces fatigue and possible paint loss as lesser amounts of liquids may
be poured into the reservoir of the insert.
- Dripless pour spout of the insert enables the user to safely return the
remaining paint back into the original container.
- Paint brush cleaning capabilities achieved with the use of additional
- New condition of paint can is maintained because can is now only used for
COULD THIS BE A COMPETITIVE-FREE INNOVATION?
YOU DECIDE ...
HOME IMPROVEMENT TIP:
Small quart-size paint cans can be hard to carry and easy to tip over.
During your next paint job, try putting the quart paint can inside an empty
gallon can that has a handle. It will be easier to carry, and you
won't have to worry about wasting paint -- you can pour any spills inside
the larger can back into the smaller container.
As reported in the Myrtle Beach, SC SUN NEWS (September 2003) ...
All intellectual properties of the Pour & Brush ™
are available for sale.
Inventor: Robert Scholl
E-mail: [email protected]